Creatine is a substance found in our muscle cells, primarily around skeletal muscle where about 95% of the body's creatine supply can be found. The rest is distributed in the body. This naturally occurring metabolite is made in the form of creatine monohydrate> for use as a supplement. It is used for cellular energy and modulation.
All the benefits of creatine supplementation:
- Significant increase in lean muscle mass
- Increase cell volume
- Faster recovery after training
- Increased glycogen synthesis
- Increase muscle performance
Athletes typically use creatine when it comes to training for strength and muscle size. For the simple reason that creatine gives a lot of strength and muscle mass. When you stop taking creatine, the amount of creatine decreases within 3-4 weeks, ie. returns to normal.
Recommended dosage: 5-10 grams. Take 5 grams before training with (pre-workout) supplementation and another 5 grams after training recommended with simple carbohydrates. When you are not training, we recommend 5 g on an empty stomach and another 5 g during the day.
2. BETA ALANIN
This is a naturally occurring non-essential amino acid that enters the body through protein-rich foods such as e.g. poultry, veal, etc. The way Beta alanine works is its ability to increase the amount of intramuscular carnosine. This rapid increase in carnosine levels is due to beta alanine, in just 4 weeks there is an increase of over 60%.
This is important because during high intensity exercise our body accumulates a large amount of hydrogen which causes our pH to start falling (whereby we become more acidic). This acidification (lactic acid) can cause more severe fatigue, reduce muscle performance and turn off the neural drive that can force the body to perform less muscularly. By maintaining elevated carnosine levels through beta alanine intake, any bodybuilder can reduce hydrogen buildup and thus delay muscle fatigue.
Additional benefits of Beta alanine supplementation.
- Increased endurance
- Improved power
- Reducing muscle inflammation
- Works in synergy with creatine
- Improved performance for athletes whether endurance or intensity
Recommended dosage: 2-3 grams as a pre-workout is enough for almost everyone and 2-3 grams should be added after training to speed up the recovery process.
3. WHEY PROTEIN
It has already been scientifically proven that all athletes can increase lean muscle mass, strength and performance by supplementing with high quality whey protein . Whey protein supplies the body with large amounts of protein but also high concentrations of calcium, magnesium and other minerals that can be easily digested in liquid form. Whey is usually used before and after activities (training) to achieve the fastest and most optimal recovery. Whether you want to lose weight or gain new muscle, it is important to use quality whey protein with natural weight training to help you gain "weight" or lose fat.
Check out some of its main benefits:
- FAST ABSORPTION: Athletes, no matter what sport they play, can use whey protein to save time and get fast delivery of quality nutrients. Precisely for the reason that these supplements contain a large amount of vitamins and minerals that are not available in sufficient quantities in daily meals make perfect dietary supplements.
- IMPROVED MUSCLE REGENERATION: After the end of strenuous training, the body begins the recovery process. In order for this recovery to be possible, the body needs adequate nutrition. Protein falls into this category and is essential for building and recovering muscle. Consuming a protein shake immediately after a workout activates accelerated muscle recovery.
- NATURAL APPETITE SUPPRESSOR: Consuming more protein can reduce hunger and thus help keep a low-calorie diet free of hunger and starvation. Protein shakes and supplements can be used as a meal replacement or as a snack between meals.
- AMINO ACIDS: Our body needs a significant amount of quality proteins and amino acids to function. Whey protein supplements contain very high concentrations of amino acids that aid in protein synthesis.
- IMPROVED METABOLISM: Consuming large amounts of protein is fuel for our body. When consumed during the day it serves as a great source of energy to maintain a fast metabolism. With improved metabolism, you get more calories and reduced hunger.
Recommended dosage: Consume 30-40 grams of whey protein best before and after training, but it is also a great way to get the required amount of protein when food is not an option. Use 1-2 scoops at once (after training) and the daily dose should be 4 scoops within 24 hours, the recommended daily dose can be exceeded without any side effects!
4. BRANCHED AMINO ACIDS (BCAA)
Another extremely important supplement that almost all professional trainers recommend is the popular BCAA . To take your progress to a new level you need to use BCAA . Of the 21 amino acids in the body, 3 are called BCAAs they are: leucine, isoleucine and valine. These are the main elements of protein and combined hold about 30% of skeletal muscles in the body.
The body uses BCAA to help muscles recover. Like whey protein, BCAAs bring nutrients to the muscles to nourish the muscle tissue and thus improve the recovery time and the quality of the same. The body will deplete BCAA stores during training so by taking BCAA supplements you can replenish nutrients lost during intense workouts. This supplement also reduces muscle pain during inflammation and also improves metabolic recovery. Scientific studies have shown that BCAAs significantly help muscles in endurance and intensity. And especially when it comes to running (marathons) or swimming.
Recommended dosage : 3-5 grams on an empty stomach and 3-5 grams before and after training.
Glutamine is known for its ability to slow down the breakdown of muscle fibers during intense training, which of course leads to increased strength and endurance. Those who train with weights after a while will find that they can train more often and for longer. Muscle overexertion naturally increases lean muscle mass and strength.
Glutamine also has a number of other benefits when taken in sufficient quantities (in supplement form):
- Preserving muscle tissue allows your body to melt even more fat - the less fat you have, the more efficient your metabolism is. When you train to reduce fat deposits, the body also destroys clean muscles, so it is extremely important to use glutamine to reduce this process.
- Glutamine has shown positive results when it comes to improving the immune system in all people who have used this supplement. When you train hard, you expose your body to additional stress, which eventually leads to (if you do not eat well and do not take supplements) to a serious drop in immunity.
- Glutamine is an excellent supplement without any doubt and it is precisely because of its ability to increase the secretion of growth hormone! This is most important for those who want lean muscle mass, studies show that only 2 grams can increase the secretion of growth hormone
- Muscle tissues require nitrogen, and glutamine supplements (L-glutamine) is made from 20% nitrogen which makes it an excellent source of nitrogen. When used with other recovery supplements such as whey protein and creatine, visible progress is made.
Recommended dosage : 5 grams on an empty stomach, 5 grams after training and 5 grams before training.
Of course, results can always be achieved without add-ons, but the process itself will always be much slower. Our advice is to bring your diet to perfection first and foremost. Then, if you decide to take the supplements we have recommended you will surely see much better and faster results. Of course, the results you will get vary from person to person, both due to the intensity of exercise, age, genetics and the length of training. If your diet is fine and you work with the greatest intensity you will surely reach a new level. When you are looking for supplements that really work, you definitely need to consume the following: whey, bcaa, creatine, glutamine and beta alanine.