Here are 6 things every bodybuilder / powerlifter needs to know about creatine.
1. When creatine is used as part of a strict diet and training routine, it gives amazing results. In short, creatine gives you energy, but of course there is still a lot of work to do. Personal trainer Lisa Lynn says: If she can help you do an extra 5 to 6 reps you will pack new muscle mass.
2. A study done at Quinnipiac University suggested that taking a creatine supplement could provide 3 kg in the first week due to water retention in the muscles (muscle hydration). That’s why you shouldn’t be worried. This is why you can lift heavier weights and that is why you will gain lean muscle mass much faster. When you stop using creatine, water will come out of your body, so it will disappear, but guess what? Strength and muscle mass
3. Creatine supports brain function and memory, potentially can even reduce depression. Many people who are depressed do not have energy. But the more you move, the better you feel creatine gives energy for more movement.
4. Creatine comes in powder, tablet and liquid forms. The best form of creatine is creatine monohydrate according to many, but you need to give a chance to Nitrate and Ethyl Ester, you will be surprised how good they are and just how economical they are. Creatine in powder form is best for absorption.
5. It is recommended to consume creatine in 2 ways: With protein shake and dextrose or to drink it with some fruit juice. This is because creatine will be absorbed faster and more effectively.
6. Make it part of your morning routine, add it to a pre-workout or use it in a PWM (post workout meal). In the end, the ideal time to take creatine is on an empty stomach before and after activities. Consistency and frequency are paramount. Many people will not see results because they cannot force themselves to take it regularly. It is important to mention that you need to drink about 3 liters of water a day, regardless of whether you take creatine or not.