It must have happened to you that someone close to you had some kind of cancer, and many of you have wondered "am I next".
In order not to be in a situation where you wonder "why me", take certain steps now and start doing physical activity. There are many scientific studies related to research on various cancers as the most modern and deadly disease of today, and on the treatment that is almost impossible in this case.
Do you agree that it is better to
What is physical activity and what does it have to do with one of the most serious diseases today - cancer?
- Physical activity is any physical movement produced by skeletal muscles that results in energy expenditure.
- Physical activity is a critical component of energy balance.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that adults be involved in moderate-intensity activity for at least 30 minutes 5 or more days a week.
- Another option is to have a high-intensity activity of at least 20 minutes, 3 or more days a week.
What is the link between activity and colon cancer?
- Colon cancer is one of the most studied and researched in connection with physical activity with over 50 studies that talk about this connection. Many studies in the USA have shown that adults who increase physical activity in either intensity, frequency or length of activity are 30% to 40% less likely to develop bowel cancer. It is estimated that 30 to 60 minutes of moderate or intense activity a day is needed to protect against bowel cancer.
- Physical activity affects the development of colon cancer in several ways and provides protection through energy balance, hormone metabolism, insulin regulation and reducing the time in which the intestines are exposed to carcinogenic elements.
What is the connection between activity and breast cancer?
- Many studies have shown that physically active women have a lower risk of developing breast cancer than physically inactive ones. Scientists have found several biological reasons why it is like this: physical activity reduces the levels of certain hormones, especially in premenopausal women: it reduces the level of insulin and IGF-I factors, which improves the immune system and helps maintain weight and avoid high body weight. mass and excess body fat.
What is the connection between activity and lung cancer?
- At least 21 studies have examined the impact of physical activity on lung cancer risk. Analyzes showed that the higher the level of activity, the lower the risk factors for lung cancer. What was an obstacle to even more accurate results of these studies is the exposure of subjects to cigarette smoke and other lung diseases. In men, the positive effects of activity are more visible than in women, when it comes to this disease.
How can physical activity help cancer survive?
- Research has shown that, for example, physical activity after a breast cancer diagnosis can help improve quality of life, reduce fatigue, and support energy balance. One study proves that women diagnosed with breast cancer, who walked 3-5 hours at a moderate pace per week, had a higher survival rate than those who were inactive.
- Possessing the characteristics of a physically active person (perseverance, perseverance, discipline, will) are some of the main factors that can often be achieved through regular exercise, and which are very useful for people who are in a position to fight this disease li >