Selenium (Se) is an essential mineral that is found in the body, but is necessary for life and normal functioning of the body. Medically speaking, microelements (or trace elements) are substances that the body needs in extremely small quantities, less than 50 mg per day. Deficiency of these elements on the other hand can cause serious physiological disturbances.
The adult human body contains on average about 20 mg of selenium, of which the highest concentrations are found in erythrocytes, kidneys, liver, heart, spleen and testicles.
Role in the organism
Selenium is a component of about 30 known selenoproteins (important antioxidant enzymes ) in the body and acts as an antioxidant and protects many body systems from oxidative damage. It is also an integral part of the tropeptide enzyme glutathione peroxidase, the most important antioxidant enzyme in the human body. This enzyme is necessary in the process of removing hydrogen peroxide from the body.
In addition to its direct role in the antioxidant protection of the body, selenium also:
- protects the body from vascular and heart disease
- strengthens the body's immunity
- reduces the risk of many cancers, especially breast, stomach, throat and rectal cancers
- protects the body from heavy metal toxicity and environmental pollution
- slows down aging and helps fight arthritis, Crohn's disease , respiratory infections and many skin diseases
- plays a significant role in the work of the thyroid gland
- positively affects male fertility
- enhances the antioxidant effect of vitamins A and E
How to use: Take one capsule daily with a meal. Store in a dry, cool place after opening.
Recommended dose: 1 capsule
Dosage per pack: 90
No yeast added.
Možda ti se također svidi
Zadnji pogledani proizvodi
- Opens in a new window.